Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Left my heart in India.


A few people have asked me when I'm going to make a blog update on my trip to India. I have to say, I'm struggling with the right words to say. As I think about my week there is just no possible to way to condense 10 days of amazing, brutal, life-changing, eye-opening, heart-breaking occurences. There is so much to say, so much to talk about. Where do I even begin?


I guess I can start with the big stuff, the important stuff. The stuff God has taught me throught this trip.


1. God is everywhere. Even when it may not seem like it amongst the poverty, the sex trafficking, the obvious brokeness.

2. Humanity is the same. No matter what culture you are in, we are each made in His image. We all experience love, joy, pain. And we all crave God. On the same note, our sin is the same. A Hindu person worshiping Annapurna is no different than when I worship a bottle of Sailor Jerry's. I am no better and need Jesus just as much.

3. No culture is ever content, even my own.

4. Jesus is the answer.


Here's where I'll start. I'll try to keep writing for the next few days. Like I said, it's so difficult.


But, Mumbai is amazing. The colorful saris hanging out of rustic apartment buildings, the honking horns, the crazy traffic, the people just covering every inch of the city. The Chai tea, the music, the aliveness of it all. What's even sweeter is that I got to share it with a group of my wonderful family.


I left a huge part of my heart in India. I can tell you that. I will never forget it, and always be thinking and praying about it.


I'd love to talk about it sometime. Coffee? Chai? Phone date?

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I find it incredibly difficult to try and represent what I experienced with words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up for some coffee talk.

    ReplyDelete