Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Dress.

So, I've been wearing the same grey dress for 18 days. For the Daughter Project. Which is fine and great.

But..I'm not exactly sure how much I'm doing for it. It's not really that wearing my dress is difficult, or something I even think about a whole lot. Just put it on, put something over it, leggings, go. Whatever.

It's not that I don't think about the problem of sex trafficking. Obviously, I do. I'm spending an entire 4 (ok 5 and a half...) years getting a degree so I can get a job at some organization that stops it. I think about it often. But the dress? Am I really serving anything for the daughters?

Truthfully, it doesn't really feel like it. I guess it's raising some kind of awareness..but I'm not really doing that, either. My recent built up hate for the internet has really come out and I'm not really on the internet much talking about it. Nor do I have a good camera to take pictures of myself daily. I'm having a hard time really seeing the worth of what I'm doing, you know?

So what do I do? For the daughters, what do I do? I got no money, no car, nothing. So what? Will my schooling pay off? Will my dress convince ONE person that sex trafficking is abundant and needs stopped? Will I teach anyone? Not sure. Being in a Women's Studies culture...everyone knows. And I mean EVERYONE. Maybe even more than I do.

So what, then is the dress doing?

I have yet to figure that out. But I'm still trucking.

1 comment:

  1. Keep on trucking girl. I'm still trying to figure out the same with my shirt. I'm sure you'll get it.

    ReplyDelete